Monday, March 10, 2008

Don’t Trust Your Dog Food – It Could Be What Actually Kills Your Dog

Last year something came out that was very scary for millions of pet owners. Many different dog foods were tainted with poison. Although this is scary, it is not that often that something in the news actually hits home.

No, it was not my puggles that were actually affected by this. However, a very close family friend of ours, who is very much a dog lover received the horrible news that her dog was dying of kidney failure. It was a shock. But what she found out that day was sickening and simply sad. Her vet told her that her dog was one of the dogs that were affected by the tainted dog food. Her dog still had at least five more years to be around with the family.

It is one thing to lose your dog from a sickness or an accident. But, this was cruel and even worse, her baby died by her hand. In her mind, she was the one that kept feeding her dog the food, and she was the one who kept trying to force it down her because she was worried that she quit eating.

Because this happened, I decided to get on the internet and look into more information. As I was surfing the web, I came across something that completely shocked and disgusted me, and I wanted to share it with all of you. I went ahead and ordered this e-book, “Dog Food SECRETS™.

Basically, what I found out was absolutely horrifying. Dog food is made from six deadly chemicals and even worse, euthanized animals. I don’t want to go into too much detail, as it was quite disgusting. However, “Dog Food SECRETS™” really opened my eyes to the dog food conspiracies that were out there. I was quite shocked. These six chemicals were actually banned from human food, but kept in the dog food. They were banned from human food because they caused the following. This is only a few.

Kidney, bladder, skin, stomach, and spleen CANCER
Leukemia
Liver dysfunction
Major organ failure
Severe allergic reactions
Blindness
And much more

I was relieved to know that not only was I being told that dog food is horrible for my dogs, but they gave me alternatives to dog food. These alternatives were pretty simple and weren’t completely out of my price range. And, with having four dogs, I had to watch what I spent on feeding them. However, my dogs are just like children to me and I want to be sure they are healthy and happy. The e-book, “Dog Food SECRETS™” inspired me to find even more “recipes” for my dogs. So, I came across this e-book called “Healthy Food for Dogs: Homemade Recipes”. It was amazing all of the recipes that I could make up for my dogs that were so healthy and did not cost an arm and a leg!

So, I decided to give this new food thing a try. So, I pulled out my new cookbook for dogs “Healthy Food for Dogs: Homemade Recipes” and found some really quick and easy recipes. I also learned what foods to watch for, because some foods can actually be toxic to a dog. I know that grapes, onions and chocolate are toxic for dogs. This e-book “Healthy Food for Dogs: Homemade Recipes” really helped me to understand how to make food that was healthy and safe for my dogs.

My dogs were extremely excited, and now they eat their food the way they are supposed to, right when I set it down, rather than just when they feel like it. And, I can just tell they are so much happier. Imagine if you had to eat the same exact thing every single day for your entire life. Pretty boring!
I just wanted to share this information with you, as I was completely shocked what “Dog Food SECRETS™” had shared with me. There are some people I have told that have heard this before. But, most of the time, I am shocking people, too. But, they ask me what are you supposed to do? You have to feed your dog. And, now I have an answer. It is not easy preparing meals everyday for your dog. But, I have found several books, especially my favorite “Healthy Food for Dogs: Homemade Recipes”, with many quick and easy recipes that make it so easy, and it really makes me feel so much better knowing that they are getting the same quality of food that my own children are getting.

I love my dogs so much, and I want the best for them. I tried to purchase the “good” food that was supposed to be healthier for my pets, however, I was so angry to find out that what I thought was good was actually the worst thing for them. Now, at least I know what goes into their bodies and that I am doing the best that I can for them.

No comments: